Laura Bush Cowboy Cookies Recipe
Laura Bush Cowboy Cookies are a famous recipe that has been enjoyed by many people. The cookies are made with oatmeal, pecans, coconut, and chocolate chips, making them a delicious and hearty treat. The recipe was first made famous by Laura Bush, who served them to her husband’s staff and guests at the White House.
To make Laura Bush Cowboy Cookies Recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups sweetened flake coconut
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture, beating until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips, oats, coconut, and pecans.
- Using a large cookie scoop, drop dough onto prepared baking sheets, spacing cookies 2 inches apart.
- Bake until edges are golden brown and centers are set, 17 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Laura Bush’s Cowboy Cookies are a delicious and hearty treat that are perfect for any occasion. They can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week and are sure to be a hit with anyone who tries them.